It’s up to you, as a reader, to choose which stories you wish to consume, whether they be light-hearted and frivolous or something tackling darker themes. Sand Dancer does lean towards the darker side of fantasy as it explores oppression and a female character choosing to masquerade as a man in order to achieve her goals. I appreciate that not everyone wants to read these types of stories.
With that in mind, here are some warnings for the types of content/scenes you can expect from Sand Dancer:
- Violence – Sword Fighting, Burnings, Gore, Death
- Physical Abuse/Emotional Abuse/Bullying/Death Threats
- Loss of a Loved One/Death of a Parent
- Blood/Blood Rituals/Blood Magic
- Oppression/Classism – References to Slavery/Imprisonment/Genocide
- Cross Dressing – Girl Disguised as Boy Trope (Not Used for Humour – But the Main Character is Cis Female)
- Nudity and Menstruation (No Sexual Content/No Sexual Assault)
- References to Arranged Marriage
- Some Swearing
- Some Scenes Involving Drugs/Alcohol
- Some LGBT Representation – More in Subsequent Books
If you have any questions on the above, or need clarification, please feel free to contact me.